Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little Miss Mo


Doesn't she look mischievous?

I suspected this day would come. I have worried about it for years and have kind of relaxed thinking I escaped disaster. Only to find out with any little girl it is impossible to escape.

I was combing Morgan's hair when I noticed one side was noticeably shorter. How did this happen? with a little interrogation Mo admitted that she cut her hair because she wanted short hair. Now, if you know me well enough, you know that I have some issues with my girls and their hair. It all stems from my childhood and never having the long pretty hair I always wanted. Yes, I also sported the cute home cut boy's hair do. So yes, I am not ashamed to admit I am reliving my childhood through my daughters and they all have long hair. I will endure countless hours of combing out tangles and should take stock in Johnson & Johnson because I keep them in business with the detangler spray. But they have beautiful hair that they just don't see the value in ( I don't get it). Kam was allowed to cut her hair when she was 10. But the other 2 haven't 'earned' that right yet.

So enough of my mental issues and back to Mo. We have since talked and she has agreed, and pinkie promised to never cut her own hair again. I am in a dilema because there is a chunk on one side that is much shorter than the rest of her hair that goes to her waist. For now I am trying to blend it, but will probably cut off a couple of inches and let the shorter piece grow out.

3 comments:

Jenie said...

I can not believe she did that! Look on the bright side, at least she still has hair to blend! Remember Jessie's disastrous haircut?

Kirsten and Cory said...

oh no! I was thinking the same thing as Jenie...usually when I hear of this happening it is like really short to the scalp, so they end up coming to primary with a new short "do". Glad it won't have to be so drastic...she would look cute no matter what her hair looked like.

Whitesides Family said...

Tracy, cut her hair already. If you don't someone else might. Have you seen the BRIGHT red in Haley's? There is a point we have to let go. Did I really just say that? I take it back. Hold on as long as you can!!