Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another Catch up post

Where does the time go? I can't believe I have let another few months pass without posting what we have been doing. I thought when school got out for the kids things would slow down, but I think it has gotten busier if that is at all possible ha ha .
Here are a few fun highlights of what has been going on.
Most recently it was the girls' dance recital.

Kamryn has participated in competitions throughout the year. But for McKayla and Morgan it was their first time to perform this year. This was Morgan's first year in dance and I wondered if she would be scared once she got on stage, but she had a great time and was sad it was over.


Jordan getting ready for scout camp. He was gone for a week and had a great time. In fact I hear all 20+ of the boys had a great time. I think the Deacon's leader will need a vacation or at the very least a strong sedative after this week!

The family went to a SL Bees home game. We all had a lot of fun and my dad came along with us. While I was watching the game I started counting between Ang's and all of Jordan's games, this was the 5th baseball game I had been to that week. Ahh, the all american past-time!

At the end of 7th grade was Jordan's final school band concert. Not only was he waiting for this day to come since the first day of school. But, it was also causing him to miss a baseball game. Yeah, you are right band is not his favorite thing!
Lake Powell
This was the first year that we have gone to Lake Powell. It has always been something that I avoided with little kids. I had my reservations but was convinced by our friends that everyone would be safe and we would all have a wonderful time. They were right. In fact, it is one of the best vacations the kids have had. Planning on 2 trips next year :)
We stayed on a houseboat with several families from Syracuse.


We basically spent the days boating, eating, tubing, wakeboarding, cliff jumping and relaxing.

The nights the big kids slept on the top of the houseboat under all the stars (so amazing there at night). Watched movies, fireworks and played games.

On Mother's Day this year I pulled Kayla's bike out and took off her training wheels. The poor girl still had training wheels since we haven't used it much in the past 2 years with moving and building. I told her for Mother's day she could ride her bike without the training wheels for me. She learned in about 15 minutes. Obviously, she was beyond ready :)

One of Ang's and my favorite things when we go out to eat is sushi, (although I will only stick with the cooked rolls). One of the times when we took the kids Mo decided to master the chopsticks. She was so proud of herself when she finally got the hang of it.

Last but not least I have to show a couple of pictures of my window boxes. My friend told me about this nursery where you can take your planters in during the winter and they will keep them until Mother's Day. When you pick them up they are already grown. I absolutely love them! Especially since our yard isn't quite in yet, they just put a smile on my face when I see them.

1 comment:

Jenie said...

Love the update! HAppy to see your family is staying busy and all your post were not baseball ones! lol

Love the " race for the cure". Our company did it this year too. Of course I was not told about it being so far a way. They had some fun pictures on their blogs. Jordan looks like he just rolled out of the rack! And by the way tell mike he is looking old!!! Just kidding. But it would be fun to tell him that!